First published in 1997, Vitiligo - Understanding the loss of skin colour (free with membership) was the first book written in clear non-technical English about this common but 'unknown' skin condition.
The new 2nd edition contains twice as much information as the 1st edition.
- First things First
- Conventional Treatments/Cures
- Complementary Treatments
- You and Your Doctor
- Hide It or Flaunt It? - The use of skin camouflage, dyes and self tanning products to disguise white skin and hair
- Parents, Children and Vitiligo
- Self Esteem and Self Image
- Mind over Matter - The psychological aspects of living with vitiligo
- Research and New Developments
- Medically speaking - Information for health professionals
- Vitiligo - An Industrial Disease?
- This is My Story - Personal accounts of living with vitiligo
- Appendices - providing names and addresses for:
- Skin Camouflage and Sun Protection Products
- Support Groups
- Other Possible Treatments/Complementary Medicine
We also publish a Newsletter for members called Dispatches with news on the Society, events, medicine and research, campaigns and a forum for member's letters and experiences. We also have posters and flyers available for hospitals, waiting rooms etc